Translate this page
Monday – Friday - 9:10 a.m. – 3:55 p.m.
Early – 8:50 a.m.
Cardinal Forest ES staff will supervise students in the cafeteria and gym starting at 8:50 a.m. To keep our students safe, walkers and car riders may not arrive at school prior to 8:50 a.m.
On Time – 9:10 a.m.
- School starts promptly at 9:10 a.m. Students should be in their classrooms at 9:10 a.m.
Tardy – 9:11 a.m.
- Students are considered tardy if they arrive at school after 9:10 a.m. Students who are tardy must go directly to the office. Parents are required to sign in their children in at the office if it is after 9:10 a.m.
- If your child is going to be absent or late, call the school office at 703-923-5252, send an email to @email, or use our online attendance form. If the school does not receive a call from a parent by 9:30, the absence will be considered unexcused.
- Excused Absence and Tardy—Illness of the student, death in the family, doctor or dentist appointment, extremely inclement weather and observance of a religious holiday.
- Unexcused Absence and Tardy— Family trip, childcare situation, over- sleeping, non school-related activity, traffic or missed bus.
Release of Students During The Day
- Parents should send a written request to the teacher when their child must leave early. Parents or guardians listed on the Emergency Care Card must come to the school office to pick up and sign out their child. We will not be able to call into classrooms between 3:15 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. for early dismissal. Exceptions will only be made for medical emergencies.
- Children will not be released to anyone other than a parent or guardian without a written request signed by a parent. Students may not leave the building during the day unless accompanied by an adult.